Colorado Wedding Officiants
Irreverent (adjective) ir·rev·er·ent Having a lightly pert and exuberant quality; "a certain irreverent gaiety and ease of manner"
Jokingly dubbed the "Irreverent Reverends" due to our propensity to institute creativity, warmth and a bit of humor into wedding ceremonies, our Colorado officiants pride themselves on their "irreverent gaiety and ease of manner" when creating and officiating your wedding ceremony.
We share a passion for helping couples tell their unique love story and we are absolutely grounded in the philosophy that all expressions of love are valid. To that end, we create your ceremony based on your expressed values. The choice is yours.
Officiants are personally chosen by Lyssabeth's owner and long-time wedding officiant Maureen Thomson. We require every officiant that works for us to complete our extensive (and intensive!) in-house officiant training program.
While each officiant brings his or her own unique personality and officiating specialties to Lyssabeth's, we all share some common beliefs.
What We Believe
- Every couple deserves a ceremony that reflects their individual beliefs. Therefore, each Lyssabeth's officiant performs every type of ceremony, including secular (civil), nondenominational religious and interfaith.
- Ceremonies are about both ritual and celebration. To that end, each officiant--while demonstrating appropriate respect for the momentousness of the occasion--is equally committed to infusing every ceremony with joy and laughter.
- Same-sex couples are always welcomed and all of our Colorado wedding officiants perform ceremonies for all couples regardless of gender
All of our officiants serve under the umbrella of Lyssabeth's in regard to pricing, contractual stipulations, and ceremony resources.
Our Colorado Officiants
Click on a name below to read about each of our Colorado wedding officiants in their own words.
Each officiant's home office location is located next to their name for your convenience.
Serving Metro Denver/Boulder
Serving Fort Collins/Estes Park
Serving Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs/Larkspur and Woodland Park
The simplest way to get started on finding the officiant and ceremony level for you is to follow these three steps:
- Read over the detailed descriptions of our Basic and Classic Custom ceremonies.
- Look over the bios of the Colorado wedding officiants on this page to see who resonates with you the most.
- Complete our contact form and tell us how we can help give you the most memorable wedding ceremony ever. We promise to get back to you within one business day. If you'd like a faster response, call us at 720-360-1094.
Lisa was our officiant. She was amazing. Prompt to respond to questions; she was on time to a VERY busy Garden of the Gods wedding venue; She was friendly and spontaneous. I would recommend her specifically. Lyssabeth's will provide you with more than you hoped for.